Creating strong police-community
relationships that improve trust and public safety
Horses For Heroes
The Wichita Police Foundation funded two new and needed Clydesdale horses for the Wichita Police Mounted Unit. One
Clydesdale can perform the crowd control of 15 officers on foot.
We also supplied 16 saddle pads, 32 reflective leg wraps, and 16 reflective chest collar covers for the entire mounted unit. This new gear and tack makes the unit horses and officers more visible, safe, and secure on patrol.
In addition, the Wichita Police Foundation was able to secure donations for ten new helmets - enhancing safety for the officers and the public.
To make our riverfront safer and more inviting for citizens, visitors, and businesses, the Wichita Police Foundation raised over $100,000 to expand the Wichita Police Department’s existing camera system to cover 2.3 miles of riverfront and riverfront walking paths.
The implementation of this technology makes it possible for the Wichita Police Department to:
· More rapidly deploy resources and target the deployment of resources to a more precise location. This means that one officer monitoring a camera is the equivalent of multiple officers on the ground.
· Monitor all directions of travel coming in and out of the area.
· Provide descriptions of suspects to the responding officer.
· Collect footage to assist with investigations.
· Provide footage as evidence for cases.
The Wichita Police Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Kansas Not-For-Profit.
Donations can be sent by mail to the following address or electronically through our secure portal by utilizing the donate button below :
Wichita Police Foundation
PO Box 782736
Wichita, KS 67278